Saturday 7 March 2015

Lonely Planet : 10 countries to visit in 2015

Sometimes, a compelling desire makes me want to take my luggage, put some stuff higgledy-piggledy, order a plane ticket selected a bit randomly and go stride along a new country, a new culture.

Of course, most of the time it is not likely to happen, so I comfort myself with travel photos, blogs or by making my own list of the places I wanna visit in my life. I also consult some rankings of the "most beautiful places on Earth".
I particurlarly like the Lonely Planet rankings because they are not only based upon the beauty of a country, but also its history and key-facts.

This is why today I decided to share with you the "Top Ten regions to visit in 2015".


Singapour
This year, the city-states celebrates its 50 years of independence ! The former British colony has become an essential place in the business world and is very famous for its skyscrapers.
I've been there once ! Well, that didn't really count, as it was only a stop and I didn't go out the airport ! At first, this city doesn't really attract me but the Garden By the Bay, heavenly beaches and this specific culture makes me want to spend a week there.
Garden By The Bay, Singapore

Namibia
2015 marks the 25 years of independence ! It's the idyllic country for safari and the landscapes are amazing. 




Lithuania
The country just adopted the euro in January 2015. It is a very pretty country, scattered with plenty of lakes, forests and wonderful national parks. Going to Lithuania is the perfect occasion to be immerged in the baltic culture. 
Trakai Castle
Nicaragua
It is a beautiful country but not very popular for travelers. Besides, the life cost is very cheap : the occasion to pamper yourself at a low price ! 2015 marks the begining of the building of a gigantic canal between the Atlantic and Pacific.
Granada

Ireland
This small country is very loved by the tourists because not only it has beautiful landscapes but also a bustling capital city : Dublin. In 2014, the bulding of the Wild Atlantic Way ended, which goes along the west of Ireland with amazing landscapes. Why not pop in and see it at the Saint Patrick ?


Congo
If you feel you're an adventurer, this is the destination for you ! In Congo, you can practically live like Tarzan. 


Serbia
The country has as an unofficial moto "Party, Charm and Culture", according to the Lonely Planet. 
Belgrade can be easily compared as Ibiza. Serbia has plenty of architectural wonders. This picture show why...
Golubac


Philippines
In 2015, it is the official ear for tourism in the Philippines ! The archipelago is ideal for the scuba diving amateurs or those who wanna practice idleness on a white sandy beach (including me, I confess). 
Palawan Island

St Lucia
Lonely Planet advices to visit the island before it is too famous ! Indeed, in the middle of the Carribean, this beautiful island is between beaches and mountains... What could be more beautiful ?
Funny fact : I had never heard of this place before I read the ranking...

Morocco
I already went to Marrakech for two weeks when I was younger. I liked it, mostly because of the hotel pool and child club... Now I would like to go back there and see the country as a grown-up : meander in the souk, ride a camel, visit the medieval ruins,...

Volubilis
Overall, I agree with this ranking even if the country I wanna visit in priority is not there. It still give some travelling ideas and also highlights places you would have never think of, like St Lucia.

You can find the ranking on : http://www.lonelyplanet.com/best-in-travel/countries
and more rankings are available there too !
It will gives just the perfect destination for you...

And what about you ? What is the country you want to visit first ? Have you ever been to one of the countries which are in the ranking ?

Enjoy !

K.

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That wasn't in this ranking but is sure one of the most beautiful country on Earth !

      Delete
  2. I love this article so much! I like how you added a few facts about the countries and the pictures are absolutely gorgeous. You made me wanna grab my stuff, head to an airport and visit all of the places, thank you, haha! Good job, fella :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much ! But the most important part of the work wad made by Lonely Planet, I just added a very few facts (some facts are actually from LP too) and the pictures. But I'm glad to see that, like me, you had the same reaction : grab your staff and leave immediatly :)
      See ya :)

      Delete
  3. I like this ranking, it's amusing as it shows places which are not used to be placed on the top !
    To answer to your questions.. I've been to Morocco twice when I was young and I hope to visit Dublin and its surroundings soon (tmtc) !
    Otherwise, I really want to discover The Kangoo Land, Canada, Viêtnam... and the list goes on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah we will go to Dublin, I hope ! And you're absolutely right about the fact that it highlights some "not-really-known" places :)
      I'll try to make an article about Vietnam, as I had the opportunity to go there... Canada looks awesome !

      Delete
  4. I would love to go to St. Lucia or Ireland! I just watched a show about Congo and it seems like you would need to be very adventurous to go there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really, but was it about Congo or Democratic Republic of Congo ? It is two different countries and unfortunately, the bad reputation of the Democratic Republic of Congo doesn't help Congo for tourism ...
      I'd be interested to watch the show, can you give me the link ?
      St Lucia looks wonderful isn't it ? I have never heard of that place before !

      Delete
  5. I've never been out of the country, I"m hoping to someday!

    ReplyDelete